IBR Reporting Alerts
Data submitted to the NYSIBR program are widely distributed and used by other organization for the purpose of research, funding decisions and publications. Periodic review of these data and correspondence with submitting agencies assist crime reporting staff in identify common errors that may or may not be captured through monthly transaction processing.
When a reporting error is identified, the Crime Reporting Unit issues a Reporting Alert to all participating IBR agencies. These alerts are meant to describe the error, the result of the error on data quality and provide a corrective plan for the agencies to implement.
The following is a list of published reporting alerts that have been sent to participating IBR agencies. If you have questions regarding a specific alert please contact NYSIBR staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling DCJS toll free at 1-800-262-3257.
- NIBRS Compliant Reference Documents Available (January 2018)
- NYS IBR Improvement Project - Addition of NIBRS Data Elements (October 2016)
- UCR Program Transitioning to NIBRS-Only Data Collection (July 2016)
- Expanded Rape Including in 2015 Crime in New York State 2015 Preliminary Data Report (May 2016)
- Crime Reporting Requirement for DCJS Grantees (March 2015)
- Implementation of Expanded Rape Reporting In the NYS Crime Reporting Program (May 2014)
- Change to Incident Clearance Status for Juvenile Arrests (February 2013)
- New IBR Submission Process (January 2013)
- Expanded Rape Definition (August 2012)
- Classification of Strangulation Charges (September 2011)
- Deletion of NYSIBR Edit Checks 772 and 774 (March 2010)
- Revised IBR Victim/Offender Relationship Codes (January 2010)
- 2009 Agency Personnel (October 2009)
- Reporting Hate Crime Incidents (October2009)
- Juvenile Arrest Reporting (August 2009)
- Major Changes in the NYSIBR Program (March 2009)
- Coding Juvenile Arrest (November 2009)